Thursday, January 7, 2010

How can I remove foundation cream from washable trousers?

I spilt a drop of cream on a new pair of trousers. But when I washed them the stain remained, obviously greasy. I would appreciate any suggestionsHow can I remove foundation cream from washable trousers?
foundation has an oil base. So give it a good squirt of liquid soap rub it in and wash them again, it should come out (washing up liquid will do) because soap cuts grease/oil.How can I remove foundation cream from washable trousers?
When my grumpy teen puts on her make up foundation, it goes everywhere else as well, including towels clothes carpet, telephone, windows mirrors. No wonder she gets through so much of it! DJJD tuts. The best thing I have found to get it out of fabric, is the Vanish soap stick. Dampen a white clean cloth and rub the soap on it, then rub the stain. Once you are satisfied the stain has gone, pop it in the wash. It will look like new.
You can gently rub one of the following into the area and allow to sit about 1 hour before washing on cold.





Castrol Purple degreaser \


Simple green %26gt;%26gt; These in the automotive Dept


Orange Hand Cleaner / safe and gentle for fabrics





Make up remover cream
Easy one.. Cheap too. Rub in some waterless hand cleaner. I use permatex, but I'm sure others work well too. Let sit for about 15 minutes and wash in warm water, stain gone. It works on almost all really tough stains.
Try rubbing some neat washing up liquid on the stain before washing.





For future reference, wipe with baby wipes when make-up dries, before washing.
Rub a small amount of washing-up liquid or soap on the stain and wash again at the highest possuble temperature. Should hopefully work.
Fairy power spray, I know it's for ovens etc but I always use it on clothes with stains and it works!
as long as you didn't machine dry them get some dawn and a toothbrush, it'll break up the oil in your fabric without damage. and wash again
White vinegar
ummm.. what about cilit bang - on that advert it removed all the greasy stuff off it!


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment