Thursday, January 7, 2010

Are liquid concealers any good ?

u have quite dry skin and my current No 7 concealer seems to be makin it worse and drying it out more. does anyone know if a liquid or cream concealer would be any better ? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. i live in ireland so just it and UK products please.Are liquid concealers any good ?
the best concealer around is Yves Saint Lauren 'Touche Eclet' (may have spelt it wrong!) it reflects light away from the area, its good for puffiness under the eyes, blemishes etc. they sell it in Boots :)Are liquid concealers any good ?
YSL Touche Eclat is the ONLY one
I like them better than the powder, becasue then with the powder, it become flaky. Not with the liquid.
benefit undereye concealers are the BEST!


I've tried many different ones, including the no.7, bodyshop and the YSL, but they cover not as well as the benefit ones.
liquid concealers have gave me good results. I would say to moisturize 10 minutes before applying the concealer.
Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals is great, if you use a tight brush it works fantastic as concealer - very good coverage but doesn't look like makeup at all - and wont dry out at all. It's great stuff. I'm sure they sell it there. Do you have a store like Sephora that sells all types of beauty lines? If not my mom just bought some on www.qvc.com.
You can either put a moisturizer on twice a day (at night and in the morning) or buy a concealer with a built in moisturizer.
There are some moisturisers you can get with concealer in, I've seen them advertised on tv but I can't remember who makes them. Sounds like that's what you need, just ask in your local chemist.
Have you tried putting on eye cream before your concealer? That usually helps. I use liquid concealers sometimes but they can be on the sheer side as far as coverage goes.
yes! liquid concelaers r way betta!!!!!
Put on concealer after foundation. I use a solid concealer and paint on with a tiny brush, so I only put it where I need it.


I've always found No.7 products to be rubbish ( I have pale, dry skin). Try the Body Shop if you're not too pale, or Bourjois.
Liquid concealers are best if used in conjunction with a powder to stop them sliding off your face. Bobbi brown do a fantastic concealer with powder included in a double-compact. It even comes with a free powder puff. You can buy the brush for application seperately. Apply your concealer fater your foundation, so that you don't rub away all your hard work. It's also easier to blend that way. x
If a water based concealer is already drying you out STAY away from the bare minerals - they will make it worse try Amazing Cosmetics Amazing concealer - it's expensive but it will last you 9 mos to a year
I suffer with eczema so get very dry skin an have tried lots of concealers i have found one which works really well it is oil of olay with a built in moisturiser maybe you should give this a go .
yes the Mac one
The number one thing you want to do if you have overly dry skin is to moisturize with a good lotion twice a day. You should be cleansing it %26amp; using a toner/astringent as well, but use the astringent less, as it will dry out your skin. My skin's kind of crazy- dry one day, oily the next, but I've found that matte foundations, when used in the right amount, work as concealers. They have a soft, silky smooth finish, and there are lots of colors to choose from- that's something I have trouble with. I use Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, but I'm not sure if that's sold in Ireland/UK. Hope I helped!





%26lt;3 Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment